Jill S. England
After graduating from law school at UC Davis in 1991, I began developing a corporate practice, with an increasing focus on creating and advising nonprofit organizations. Now, with over 25 years experience, I provide expert legal counsel for California nonprofit organizations and small businesses, including trade/industry associations, charitable organizations, educational and research foundations, religious corporations, business corporations, limited liability companies, agricultural cooperatives, and state and local government entities (including joint powers authorities).
I am well positioned to assist with the many legal issues that regularly arise for nonprofit organizations and small businesses, including:
- Formation issues (articles, bylaws, tax exempt status)
- Personnel issues (hiring/firing, employee handbooks, privacy)
- Contracts, membership and shareholder agreements
- Board of director/membership issues (meeting protocol, elections)
- Attorney General compliance
- Political action committees
- Service marks and trademarks
- Copyright protection
- Insurance coverage issues
- Name changes
- Entity Dissolution
With expertise in areas specifically affecting California state and local government entities, I can also assist you with questions about the Public Records Act, the Fair Political Practices Act, and the open meeting laws.
I'll find solutions for your issues - in a timely,cost effective, and professional manner.
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA, DAVIS
J.D., May 1991
• California, December 1991